Tax Rebate Program for Aerospace
The City of Summerside in Prince Edward Island provides a Tax Rebate Incentive Program for all eligible aviation-related companies. This means a full rebate every year on all corporate income tax paid to the province for operations conducted at Slemon Park. There is also a full annual rebate of all real property tax attributable to ownership or rental of Slemon Park facilities.
Slemon Park is a Full-service Airport
a Tax-free Zone
Summerside’s Slemon Park is uniquely positioned to facilitate turnkey solutions for maintenance, repair, and overhaul (MRO)—component, airframe, engine accessories, etc.; propeller/rotor blade shop; avionics—in all facets of aerospace including fixed-wing and helicopter. The airport services include private, corporate, and charter, catering to military clients, as well as manufacturing, and aerospace tenants. Some of the biggest names in the business: Honeywell Engine Systems and Services, Standard Aero, MDS Coatings, and Tronosjet, all call Slemon Park home.
- Full-service FBO airport
- Runway: 8,000’ x 200’
- Fuel: Jet A-1 (FSII additive available/Avgas (100LL))
- Readily available air space/no scheduled passenger traffic
- Low landing and facility fees
- Heated hangars: 33,000-88,000 sq ft with 30’-50’ ceilings
- Quick turnaround service times
- 300+ VFR days per year
- Automated Weather Observing System
- Extensive ramp space
considering expansion in the following sectors?
- Airframe MRO
- Engine and Engine Accessories
- Avionics Operations
- Manufacturing Enterprise (T2/T3)
- Component and Sub-Assembly Manufacturing
- Aviation Training
- Pilot Training