Look Who’s Growing!
JOBS CITY 2019
E-Newsletter, April 10, 2019
Service Desk Analyst
This position is responsible for prompt, courteous service to customers as they contact the Service Desk for technical assistance. As part of the routine for handling incidents, the Service Desk Analyst will follow the appropriate processes to determine the severity and nature of the problem. Information gathered is logged into a ticketing system and issues are resolved based on our client’s internal incident management best practices. If the Service Desk Analyst cannot provide the appropriate solution on first contact, the incident is passed to a Senior Analyst, Lead, or the appropriate Second Level Support for resolution. All efforts are directed to the achievement of the Mission, Objectives and Goals for the Service Desk.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Must provide prompt courteous service to customers on software products and hardware platforms that are compliant.
- Must use the proper defined telephone states.
- Must verify the appropriate severity code for the problem.
- Must rigorously follow a defined staffing schedule to assure optimal customer service.
- Must provide first level support for product(s) of expertise – software applications.
- Record information about every call: first and last name; full telephone number; accurate site location; good short description; detailed documentation for event log.
- Within pre-defined service levels for the Service Desk, must forward trouble incidents to the next level support group in a timely fashion.
- Must monitor respective queue to ensure that support has acted on the transferred incident.
- Must recognize out-of-scope requests and process as per defined procedures
- Must immediately escalate severity one and severity two problems as per defined procedures and the standard notification schedule.
- Must immediately deal with suspected or recognized irate customers as per defined procedures.
- Maintain quality performance in handling calls.
- Work with team to achieve Service Desk performance goals and increase individual productivity.
- Keep up to date on supported software and hardware trends and changes.
- Completes special projects as assigned by immediate superior, Supervisor, or Manager of the Service Desk.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Outstanding interpersonal and soft skills.
- Excellent telephone skills; able to deal with all situations and to portray a customer service attitude over the phone. Outstanding ability to quickly establish rapport with clients.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Able to analyze client problems by type and severity, acting as ‘remote eyes and arms’ for problem determination and resolution.
- Excellent English verbal and written communication skills.
- Attention to detail, including full incident documentation and completion.
- Technical background, able to provide first level support at minimum of 75% resolution.
- Highly motivated to solve problems.
- Works with a minimum of supervision.
- Highly developed interpersonal skills.
- Is able to assess workload and make recommendations for improvement.
To apply to this exciting opportunity in one
of Canada’s most innovative and progressive City’s send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
If interested in learning more about investment opportunities, economic development support or opportunities for growth, please call our Economic Development Professionals.
We would love to chat.
Alternatively, you can email us at email@example.com.
It could be the most profitable email you ever send.
Director of Economic Development City of Summerside
275 Fitzroy Street, Summerside PE C1N 1H9
M: 902.432.0103, E: firstname.lastname@example.org
LET’S BUILD THE FUTURE TOGETHER!