Summerside has a compact urban core cradled by an idyllic, rural landscape and shores washed by a calm and warm sea. It offers
a unique combination of convenience and serenity. Among the many advantages for businesses are:
- A home to office commute of less than 5 minutes. The complete absence of a stressful commute allows for flexibility
in work hours and contributes to the contentment and productivity of employees.
- A re-developed waterfront with theatres, museums, recreational facilities, restaurants and quaint shops. This is
a model family friendly environment for entertainment and relaxation.
- A municipally owned and operated high-speed wireless network. It is one of the largest wireless networks in Canada
with a 100 per cent fibre optic backbone.
- A continuing investment in expanding and up-dating municipal amenities and creating new ones. Among these are
a state-of-the-art hospital and Credit Union Place which delivers fitness and recreation programming as well as
hosting sporting and cultural events.
- A selection of development properties created to facilitate eco-friendly construction. Further, the Province of Prince
Edward Island is a long-time, committed investor in green energy sources.
- A variety of affordable housing. Prince Edward Island has one of the highest home ownership rates in North America.
This is a result of abundant, affordable housing where, for example, the average cost of a two-story home is
surprisingly low at $250,000.